Stepcoupling: Creating and Sustaining a Strong Marriage in Today's Blended Family
by Susan Wisdom, Jennifer Green
$15.00 $10.20 (as of 12/16/2012 09:49 PST)
103 Used! | New! from $2.47 (as of 12/16/2012 09:49 PST)
Stepparenting & Blended Families
Love may be sweeter the second time around, but once the bliss of a newfound relationship wears off a little, the reality of being part of a stepfamily sets in. If you are one of the millions of remarried Americans facing the challenge of blending two existing families into one cohesive whole, you are part of a stepcouple?and you know all too well how hard it can be to make your marriage work in sometimes tough terrain.
Different parenting styles, finances, relationships with ex-spouses, legal matters, and even seemingly simple issues such as the kinds of chores assigned to children can chisel away at your union if you don?t always make your marriage a priority.
Stepcoupling offers advice for stepcouples on how to do just that?all the while strengthening their blended family with a healthy marriage. Susan Wisdom and Jennifer Green provide tips and strategies on dealing with the issues remarried couples face, with a wealth of advice from real-life stepcouples, such as:
* Learning to tailor your expectations of your spouse or children and remembering that no family is perfect
* Knowing where your boundaries are, whether involving a hostile ex-spouse or a stepchild who demands too much attention
* Realizing that traits like flexibility, tolerance, forgiveness, and openness are especially essential in a stepfamily situation
* Making ?us? time for talking, problem-solving, weekends away, and enjoying your marriage to constantly renew and strengthen your bond as a couple
Let this invaluable remarriage manual help you make your stepcouple the foundation of a strong, happy, and successful stepfamily.
- Rank: #39276 in Books
- Published on: 2002-02-26
- Released on: 2002-02-26
- Original language: English
- Number of items: 1
- Dimensions: 7.99" h x .56" w x 5.19" l, .50 pounds
- Binding: Paperback
- 272 pages
zimmerman website miami marlins marlins marlins facebook buys instagram kevin systrom fibonacci sequence
free pancakes at ihop martina navratilova high school shooting daytona 500 national pancake day ohio school shooting sean young arrested
michael bay zsa zsa gabor illinois primary trayvon martin 911 call kiribati vernal equinox mr rogers